We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
We aim to offer all our clients an efficient and effective service and are confident that we do so. However, should there be any aspect of our service with which you are unhappy with and which cannot be initially resolved with the person who has conduct of your file you may raise the matter in writing, with the senior partner, Roger Tinklin who will peruse your file and discuss this with the fee earner concerned.
The following will then happen:
- Within three days we will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain any further details. If it seems appropriate we will suggest a meeting at this stage. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint which generally would be Roger Tinklin unless he is on holiday or unavoidably away from the office when it would be Ian Springall.
- We will then record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint. We will also investigate your complaint in detail.
- We would hope to be in a position to write to you further no longer than 8 weeks after receiving your letter of complaint to Roger Tinklin who will write fully to you setting out his views on the situation and any redress that we would feel to be appropriate. If you would prefer to meet to discuss the file we will be very pleased to arrange a meeting.
- Within three days of any meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any suggestions that we have agreed with you. In appropriate cases we could offer an apology, a reduction of any bill or a repayment in relation to any payment received.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, please let us know. We will then arrange to review our decision. We would generally aim to do this within a further 10 working days. This will happen in one of the following ways:-
Roger Tinklin will review his own decision;
Ian Springall will review your complaint;
We will invite you to agree to independent mediation. We will let you know how long this process will take.